[IP] glycemic index and carb counting

i know y'all were deliberating on pasta for 20 digests or so, but i had a
question - in a recent Diabetes Interview article they discuss the glycemic
index of food, which i understand...but what threw me was that pasta cooked
for FIVE minutes had a LOWER glycemic index than the same about of pasta
cooked for FIFTEEN minutes.

So since i like my pasta mushy, can I expect my blood sugars to rise FASTER
than some one who eats it "al dente?"  Could this explain why we, as a
collective, seem to have so much problem in determining an accurate ratio for

If 1 unit of insulin takes care of 15 CHO of mushy pasta that raises my blood
sugar quickly, should I expect that 1 unit of insulin will take care of the
same 15 CHO of firm pasta?  Would HUmalog be better to use for mushy pasta
rather than Velosulin??

Should I freak or change my insulin dosage, if one night I eat mushy pasta
and one night I eat the undercooked kind?

too many variables...I wanna go back to vacation and eat nothing but ice
cream and chef boyardee all day...