Re: [IP] low basal rate

At 11:41 AM 6/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have reduced my basal rate from .6 to .3 1 hour before I exercise.  My
>CDE and my doctor have both warned me that the pump will jam if it is
>set at a basal rate of less than .3.  I still run too low during my
>exercise sessions which normally last 2 hours.  Has anyone tried using a
>.2 or .1 setting and if so, have you had any problems of any kind?  For
>what time duration have you kept it below .3?  I am using a MM 507C.  MM
>has said it is okay to use a .2 setting.  I run high when I suspend it.

I use a .4 rate most of the time, but like you, I cut it in half for
exercise.  I've had no problems with this.  When I'm extremely active in
the summer, I'll run a .3 or .2 rate all day without problems.  I know a
lot of kids on the list use a .1 rate all day.  You should be OK doing
this.  Your doc and CDE may be operating on "old news".  I think with some
of the older style infusion sets, clogging was an issue, but not with the
modern ones.

Mary Jean