[IP] low basal rate

I have reduced my basal rate from .6 to .3 1 hour before I exercise.  My
CDE and my doctor have both warned me that the pump will jam if it is
set at a basal rate of less than .3.  I still run too low during my
exercise sessions which normally last 2 hours.  Has anyone tried using a
.2 or .1 setting and if so, have you had any problems of any kind?  For
what time duration have you kept it below .3?  I am using a MM 507C.  MM
has said it is okay to use a .2 setting.  I run high when I suspend it.