[IP] I got a e-mail response from the restuarant

Here is the e-mail i got from a restuarant that i will give the name out
now  its the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.  I have done several things
I contacted the FTC about the responsabilities of food chains to offer
nutritional info for those individuals that need it in the control of
diabetes, i am also going to write back to them because of the "tip" or
"suggestion"  that we (diabetics) should use the guidelines inwhich we use
when we cook in our own kitchens..  hmmmmm  Only if I knew how they cooked
it the what they cooked it in and what they put in everything then i may be
able to figure this out, but since they said they do not release they
recipes i do not know how they expect us to do this.. I'll keep everyone

Thank you for taking the time to browse through the Cracker Barrel Old
Country Store® Web Site.  We always appreciate hearing from our guests.

Periodically we receive requests for nutritional analysis for menu items.
Because our menu is large and the combinations numerous, it is not feasible
to produce a brochure of nutritional facts as some of our fast food
colleagues have done.  We do feel a need, however, to be responsive to your
inquiry and to provide you with information to guide you in your choices.

Over the past few years we have been addressing the issue of fats, sodium,
and cholesterol by introducing alternative items on our menu (list
available upon request).  We use no animal fats in our fryers.  All deep
fat frying is done in cholesterol-free vegetable shortening.  We have also
reduced the fat and/or sodium in a number of our standard recipes.

In addition to these we continue to work on healthy alternatives within the
parameters of our concept.

Unfortunately, we are not equipped to address some of the more
individualized issues such as lactose intolerance, diabetes, gluten
intolerance and food allergies. We advise you to use the same guidelines
used in your kitchen when selecting from our menu.

We hope we have addressed your concerns and look forward to serving you in
the future.

Jean Bruckert
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

end message