Re: [IP] Diabetic Woman

email @ redacted writes:

<< When did they figure out this SGA thing?  I had 2 small babies.  My endo
 I thought was very knowledgeable) thought I would have large babies so
 to induce at 8 months.  I needed to go full term with both.  I have had DM
 for 39 years, but I had my first child 20 years ago.  Is this info knew or
 has it been out there for a while.  Just curious.  ellen
When I first had my daughter was when I heard about it.  The reason is that
with long term diabetics who are developing complications it is in the small
blood vessels.  Placentas are made up of small blood vessels and as the
placenta develops it doesn't perform as well as a woman without diabetes.
There for e the baby is smaller.  I had the same thing they took my daughter
early and then realized that they could have waited.  It all depends on the
length of time you have had diabetes and what complications you have.