Re: [IP] Diabetic Woman

In a message dated 6/1/99 12:01:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< I wish I had heard your responses weeks ago when I asked about this book
 becoming pregnant.  I just bought the book but haven't read very far in it.
 you suggest another book that may be of some help.  My husband and I are just
 now trying.  I have already started the meticulous checking and tight
control to
 prepare me for pregnancy.  I had heard that it was harder for diabetic women
 conceive is this true?
 Jenny Nash wrote:
 > Hi Kathleen,
 > I agree totally with your assessment of the pregnancy chapter in "The
 > Diabetic Woman." I was so glad that I'd already had one child when I bought
 > it. In their defense, my copy has a copyright of 1987.

I found the Joslin Diabetes Manual to be a much better source and that is 7
yrs old.  My copyright and updated edition of The Diabetic Woman was 1996.
To me that is ridiculous and not an accurate portrayal of diabetes and