Re: [IP] another question

At 05:36 PM 6/2/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>Josh only uses a total of 21 units of insulin a day-of course he has only
>been a diabetic since Feb 9, 1999 and I understand when he starts pumping
>that his use of insulin will go down?? He uses 10 units of humulin U and 11
>units of humulog. It sounds so little according to what I read everyone else
>uses. Geez-this boggles my old mind LOL

Just to warn you and everyone.

Just because you go on the pump it does not mean that your insulin needs
will go down.. exp. since he was just Dx'd i can bet you he is still
putting out some insulin and theirfor here as time goes on he will need
more to cover that that he is still loosing.  I for one had an increase..
(of course i have been eating more  ha ha)..  but i went from about 40
units or so (my memory is not so clear as to prepump days ha ha) total
insulin intake NPH and R, to about 60-80 of humalog now...  YMMV is the key

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted