Re: [IP] interesting article

>Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 13:55:41 -0600
>From: FIS <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Re: interesting article
>At 03:48 PM 6/2/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>>     You think that article sounds good?...How about  this...Anyone out
>>there ever heard of INGAP? It is a hormone that can make your  body grow
>>new islet cells. It is being developed by the Diabetes  Institutes in
>>Norfolk VA. They are in the prosess of negotiaion with a bio-chem  company
>>(name not to be revieled...no insider trading) to produce it in quantity
>>so that they can start clinical trials.
>Interesting  i think it would work best with that articles product  seeing
>that some of us kill our own cells.. if they can get those 2 things to work
>together that would be great.

I had the article that discussed INGAP project, but it got filed and now I
can't find it. From what I recall, the INGAP hormone caused the body to
convert non-islet cells in the pancreas to insulin producing cells. At the
time the article was written, they had only been successful in mice. But
from what I recall, the new insulin producing cells weren't attacked by
the immune system. That would make the cure permanent. I'm glad to see they're
still working on it. The original article indicated research funds were
limited and further work was doubtful.