Re: [IP] Re: the Diabetic Woman

I agree, I don't want to hear about some woman who spent her whole pregnancy in
the hospital because of DM.  It's hard enough to handle as it is.  usually they
forget to tell you this was 20 years ago.  It's not only people who don't know
you either.  My mom told my husband that if I did get pregnant that I wouldn't
be able to do anything and that I would probably spend a lot of time in the
hospital.  Of course my husband is the eternal optimist and refuses to believe
anything abnormal can happen.  My brother told my mom to talk me out of trying
to have a baby because its too dangerous (he thinks I'll die or something).  I
think he watched "Steel Magnolias" one too many times.  I don't want anymore
horror stories from well meaning people.  I know the risk (my gyn made sure of
that) but I also know it can be done successfully.

I'll jump off my soap box for now. :-)