Re: [IP] Diabetic Woman

Hi Kathleen,

I agree totally with your assessment of the pregnancy chapter in "The
Diabetic Woman." I was so glad that I'd already had one child when I bought
it. In their defense, my copy has a copyright of 1987.

I found the pregnancy chapter extremely negative and the pregnancies they
described didn't bear any resemblance to mine or to those of other DM women
I know. I have 2 healthy kids and would do it again if I thought that 1) we
could afford a 3rd child and 2) I could make it through those sleepless
first 3-4 months again. :-)

Any of those of you pregnant or contemplating becoming so, ignore this
book. :-)

(Type I, 26 years, D. pumper since 10/95)