[IP] Diabetic Woman

I remember not to long ago someone talking about the Diabetic Woman by Lois
Jovanovic and June something.  I must say I bought the book last week read
about 4 chapters and returned it last night.

If there is anyone here who is trying to get pregnant and read their book
they have nothing positive to say as far as I can see.  I had 4 pregnancies
and 3 living children.  One death had nothing to do with my diabetes.

They go as far as to suggest surrogate parenting, they say pumps are not for
pregnant women, they say that one child is usually enough and that your
husband wont feel like he is the one keeping you alive.  Guaranteed their
probably are spouses out there like that but I am sorry few and far between.
They say most women don't want to have second children because they don't
want to take the 9 months of meticulous monitoring and disrupt their first
child's life.  That was total hogwash to me.

But by far the two things that threw me for a loop were the Big Bad Baby
Syndrome and the once a csection always a csection.  I had a VBAC with my son
Michael and they don't call it Big Bad Baby anymore not to mention totally
skipping over the fact that long term diabetics usually have Small For
Gestational Age babies or SGA.  I looked at the front of this book and
thought okay it was written 10 or 15 yrs ago.  Wrong!  1996.  I think these
three women need to talk to some real diabetic women instead of making up the
answers.  JMO.