Re: [IP] Re: Mason Miller

Well I guess the most disturbing thing about this incident is the total
silence of those who kicked him off.   There are indeed always two sides to
a story, but when one side just stonewalls it, for no apparent reason, it
lends credence to the notion that they indeed are the bad guys.   For me at
least, a more convenient way to search the digests would be very desirable,
so it makes it even more puzzling that some compromise couldn't be worked
out.   It doesn't seem very nice or in keeping with the spirit of this
relatively open list, that Mr. Miller was kicked off for trying to be

<<<<<<<<   Prior to entering the members
only area of the members profiles (which includes e-mail addresses) there is
a statement which explains the purpose of the members list and  "the rules "
for use of the list  to protect members.  I can understand that Mr Miller
wanted to be helpful and provide IP members with a way to access  the wealth
of information available,  but I dont agree with the way it was done.  As
well as taliking with michael, he should have posted his plans to everyone on
the list and asked our permission to use our addressses.  That way people
have a choice of whether  or not they want to be included.
just my opinion

Wayne Mitzner
The Johns Hopkins University
615 N. Wolfe St.,  Baltimore, MD 21205