[IP] To Tim: problems with sets adhering?

At 05:24 PM 6/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

>glad to hear you and some pumpers are doing so well, i just removed infusion
>set and put myself back on my old regimen of reg and nph,  infusion sets
>adhere properly , no support from mini med and erratic bg's , so why do i
>to spend 5k and 100 per month for the hassle ......?

Help us out a bit here, there may be some answers ;-)

What kind of sets were you using and how did you prepare the site? What
happens when the sets "fail" - in other words, is it during showering,
periods of exercise, etc.

It can take a while (3 - 6 months, varies among users) for your insulin
rates to be established. What kind of basal and bolus rates are you using
now? What do you mean by erratic BGs - are they too high, too low, or "all
over the place"?

If you can, take a moment to respond, perhaps there are some good
suggestions that can help you over the hump here. Let us know how we can help.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted