Re: [IP] that darn dawn phenomenon - HELP!

In a message dated 6/26/98 10:55:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I don't see a "dawn phenomenon" in the typical sense. Other than the spike
 at 12:00 one night on a .2 rate and the one at 9:00 p.m. while on a .3
 rate, her BGs seem to actually drop between 12:00 and 7:00. The rise
 between 7:00 and 9:00 on the .3 rate may have been due to the low which you
 treated earlier. The BGs may not be optimal, but I think what you are
 looking for here are "trends" or patterns, rather than targets right now.
 Could it be that the dinner bolus was incorrect? Is she snacking at bedtime?
 For some pumpers, it's possible to dilute the insulin, so that it has less
 "strength" per unit than currently being delivered by U100. I know of at >>

Great observations, Bob...I had missed the possible Humalog influence.  I
agree with these options, Kasey.  As I said, I don't think there is enough
info yet.
Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted