Re: [IP] Morning insulin resistance

> At 10:30 AM 6/26/98 , you wrote:
> >I've set my
> >basals higher in the morning until about 11 am and I've finally figured out
> >(duh!!) that I also need to use a lower carb/insulin ration for breakfast,
> I've experienced the same: I give myself a 5 unit bolus whenever I get up,
> regardless of brkfst. I still find that my blood sugar rises abnormally,
> but then as the morning wears on it drops back. If I don't bolus, my blood
> sugar goes up to 200.
> My ratios are 1 unit = 15 g CHO = 20 mmol/L blood glucose.

I've commented on this before, I think it is similar to dawn effect
or a phenomena like that but is keyed to the time you either get up
or first eat, at which point your body somehow switches gears and say
"I need insulin". Curiously, since Lily's last adolsecent basal shift
this appears to have gone away for her after persisting for three

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted