Re: [IP] units of inhaled insulin?

> From: "tanya cosentino" <email @ redacted>

> I don't know if all disetronic pumps are the same, but mine does not give
> .1 increments for a bolus. The basal increments go by .1. The boluses are
> in .5 increments, so 5 units would be 10 pushes of the button.

>>> Disetronic can be set to do 0.1 increments, that would mean 50 button
>>> presses for a 5 unit dinner >bolus! It's the same 4 button presses with
>>> the Minimed for 0.7 units or >5.2. I do often just round my lunch and
>>> dinner boluses to the nearest 1/2 >unit, though...)

Not all disetronic pumps are set the same. By default, they are set in 0.5
unit increments for boluses, like yours. In that case, you CANNOT program a
1.8 unit bolus -- you have to settle for 1.5 or 2.0. However, you can ask
Disetronic to program yours for 0.1 (or 0.2) unit increments instead. With
0.1 increments, you can program a 1.7 unit bolus (with 17 clicks), and it
will take 50 clicks to get a 5.0 unit bolus.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted