Re: [IP] Morning insulin resistance

At 10:30 AM 6/26/98 , you wrote:
>I've set my
>basals higher in the morning until about 11 am and I've finally figured out
>(duh!!) that I also need to use a lower carb/insulin ration for breakfast,

I've experienced the same: I give myself a 5 unit bolus whenever I get up,
regardless of brkfst. I still find that my blood sugar rises abnormally,
but then as the morning wears on it drops back. If I don't bolus, my blood
sugar goes up to 200.

My ratios are 1 unit = 15 g CHO = 20 mmol/L blood glucose.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted