[IP] Cajun Recipies

I am finally getting around to sending you some recipies.  Sorry it took so
Cajun Shrimp Sauce Piquant
1-2 lbs Shrimp                                                   CHOPPED
1 can crab meat (optional but tasty)                    3-4 stalks celery
1 30oz can tomatoes                                         1 bunch green
onions(keep onion
2 cansRotel tomatoe sauce w/green chilies              tops separate)
                                                                         1 lrg
bell pepper
lrg yellow onion
clove garlic
Approx. 1/2 cup roux (equal parts of bacon grease & flour)
 Start with your roux.  Add 1 quart of water and stir til well mixed.  (high
heat)  Add rest of ingrediants except for shrimp, crabmeat, and green onion
tops.  Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer for 2 hours.  Add shrimp,
crab meat and green onion tops.  Simmer for 30 minutes.  (Inmeantime, use your
handy-dandy rice cooker to make your rice)

Serve sauce over rice.

P.S. I season to taste with salt, pepper, dash of garlic salt and some red
pepper seeds.

Roux:  About 1/4 and 1/4 cup of flour and bacom grease.  Just a bit more greae
so as to be stirable.  Stir continuously over medium high heat until very,
very dark brown. (about the color of chocolate pudding.)

If this works out and you want more let me know.

Helen  By the way the weekend you are coming in I will be out of town.  So
We are leaving today.  That's right you aren't even home now.  I sure hope you
have flash schedules.

Helen (Ryan's mom)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted