Re: [IP] Scary Situation

Ruth Elowitz wrote:
> Ted,
> In California we are pretty locked into HMO insurance where everything has to be
> approved before you buy it -- how do you get it approved (literally!  Like what is the
> procedure?  What does the doctor order, etc).

Well, first I don't live in California....
I haven't had trouble getting things approved, just order it and get it. Of
course I HAVEN'T been an HMO member, except for 6 months or so in Indiana in
the mid '80s.
It really depends on who you need to deal with, some insurers/providers don't
pay attention to the reality of diabetes or serious life long conditions, some
do. The worst I've had to do was explain to them why it's needed.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted