Re: [IP] Scary Situation

> There are two things that I wish these pumps had:
> One would be a backup alarm run on a separate battery. If for any reason
> the pump loses power or if its basic settings get hosed, then the backup
> alarm would sound. It also seems like the pump could monitor both batteries
> and let you know when the backup was getting low too.
> The second thing is unrelated to #1 above. I wish I could put in more than
> one basal profile. If I spend all day working at my computer (since that's
> my job) I'd need one rate, but on weekends & vacations when I tend to be
> more active I'd need a different one. Yes I know I can input a temporary
> basal... but that's a pain... plus the little guy insists on beeping at me
> all the time while it's activated.

I agree strongly with both of these.

When I got my MM507, I was surprised there was no backup battery. When
there's a mechanical failure in the battery system, the pump just
quietly plays dead...

Also, I too spend some days slumped in front of my computer, with a high
basal need. Other days I'm rushing around town all day, and have a low
basal need. I would love the ability to switch between 2 or more preset

I'll copy this to Bill VA.

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted