Re: [IP] Scary Situation

>Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:30:22 -0700
>From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Scary Situation
>At 06/24/1998 - 04:48 PM email @ redacted wrote:
>There are two things that I wish these pumps had:
>One would be a backup alarm run on a separate battery. If for any reason
>the pump loses power or if its basic settings get hosed, then the backup
>alarm would sound. It also seems like the pump could monitor both batteries
>and let you know when the backup was getting low too.
>The second thing is unrelated to #1 above. I wish I could put in more than
>one basal profile. If I spend all day working at my computer (since that's
>my job) I'd need one rate, but on weekends & vacations when I tend to be
>more active I'd need a different one. Yes I know I can input a temporary
>basal... but that's a pain... plus the little guy insists on beeping at me
>all the time while it's activated.
It would be really nice if you could store four or five profiles. One "normal"
activity, one "sedentary" profile (if that's not your normal profile), one
"medium" activity profile, one "heavy" activity profile, one "sick-day" profile,
etc. and a way to switch between them easily.

I'd also like to see them add enough memory to store more that the pathetic
12 boluses they store now (that's what Minimed stores). How about 100 boluses?
Another nice feature would be to add event markers, like infusion set changes
and boluses.

Finally, I'd like to be able to EASILY download all that memory to my PC.
Not my doctor's PC, not the clinic's PC, not my CDE's PC. MY PC! A $20 or
$30 docking station (similarly priced for those in Canada, the UK, Germany,
Australia, wherever) with FREE software would be just fine.

Anybody else want to add to the wish list?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted