Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type 1 diabetics

Ellen:
Insulin resistance or delayed absorption, I am not sure if it is the same
thing.  I am a friend of Rosalie and also had a severe absorption problem
before I went on the pump.  I believe my absorption rate is now what is
should be ( as indicated by the reacting time of each insulin).  McMaster
University in Hamilton, Ontario Canada has developed a test to determine
whether or not you have an absorption problem.  Although I am not a doctor
and hesitant to give advice on insuln dosages, I have done this test in my
own home quite a few times.  I do not believe it is dangerous.

If you are interested E-mail be a email @ redacted and I can elaborate.
If the test works you may be able to determine exactly when your insulin
peaks in your body.

PJB in Niagara Falls

----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type 1 diabetics
> Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 5:37 PM

Rosalie,  I have a similar problem to yours.  It takes a few hours for my
humalog to start working.  My dr. says it's due to scar tissue
accumulation.
I don't see the scar tissue, but he says it's there.  I have been diabetic
for
38 years.  The only way I get my insulin to move is through exercise.  I
love
exercise, but I find if I don't exercise, my morning bolus of H doesn't
start
working until afternoon.  If I run 5 miles in the morning, then my BG stays
normal or goes low.  It has solved my dawn phenomenon problem which hits
for
me at around 9a.m.  ellen
send the next two lines in a message
info