[IP] Re: message from Ken Bernstein

insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:
> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:14:00 -0500
> From: Becky Draper <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] message from Ken Bernstein
> Has anyone had this happen?  Last night my MiniMed 507 went alam
> nuts...but no message.  Just a continuous blair alarm.  I finally sent
> the pump through it's self test and when it finished it stopped.
> Any thoughts???
> Thanks,
> Ken Bernstein
> After I got my pump, before I was actually "hooked up", I was trying to get it
to give a "no delivery alarm". After bolusing a few times the thing started wailing
like crazy. The only way I was able to get it to stop was to take the batteries
out. After that it seemed fine. I was read the alarms section in the manual and
found that MiniMed pumps have a safety feature built in to prevent insulin
overdoses. If you bolus more than 2.5 times your "maximum bolus" plus your hourly
basal, it is set up to do exactly what you described. Wail until you kill it.
Maybe that's what happened to yours.
(hope I didn't sent this same message twice)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted