[IP] Scary Situation

Hi all:

Had a potentially serious problem the other night with my MM507.  I had
checked to see how much insulin I had used that day, then tested my blood
before turning in for the night, and since it was a little high picked up the
pump to bolus a unit.  The screen was completely blank.  No alarm or "no
delivery", "lo battery", just blank, as in DEAD.  Took the batteries out which
had only been in for 2 weeks, and replaced with new.  Everything was fine
after that.  Must admit I was pretty scared and checked the pump several times
during the night by hitting the backlight.  Called Mini Med in the morning and
the technician said something about an electrical charge, to try the old
batteries again.  Well, then I got a "lo battery" warning.  Took the old
batteries back to Radio Shack, and one of the batteries was completely shot.

My husband is out of town this week, and if I hadn't noticed the blank screen
before going to bed, or it had happened during the night, well Gawd, hate to
think of what kind of trouble I would have been in.

Anyone else ever have the same problem?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted