[IP] Help Wanted (Pretty Please!! It's not hard!)

Did you realize that there are currently 400 members on the Insulin-Pumpers
mailing lists?  Each week, approximately 15-20 new members are added.  Did you
also realize that behind the scenes, there are only 6 of us (1.5% of the total
membership) working to process new subscriptions and help you with various
problems like accessing the archives and sorting out email problems??  We
could sure use some more help!!

Being a member of the ip-admin "team" is not difficult and you do not need to
be a computer wizard to do this.  OK, there are a couple of computer wizards
on the team, (not me, mind you), and they are willing to sort out the really
sticky problems.  The rest of us are regular list members just like you, who
are willing to give a few hours, every six weeks or so, to help manage the
list. Michael used to do it all by himself!  We feel the time spent is worth
all the benefits we have received from membership in Insulin-Pumpers.

The main task is processing new member requests.  This entails reading through
the prospective member profiles, to make sure they are "the real thing".  We
don't want any SPAM infiltrating our precious list!  Then  a few
approval passwords are added, and you send it back to the main computer, via
email.  It is SIMPLE!!  Believe me, if I can do it, so can you!

Other tasks include sending subscribe/unsubscribe information to people who
ask for it, and assisting current members access the "members only" portion of
our website.  This involves sending out a short email, something we all know
how to do!

Currently, admin duties rotate on a weekly basis, so you don't have to do it
very often.  It involves about an hour a day to take care of the business,
often less.  If you are ever unsure of what you are doing, the other admin
members are willing to offer advice.  We have a "special" mailing list, just
for us, to hash out these issues. We are pretty informal and "joke around" a
fair amount.

If you are still reading, and would be interested in helping out, I encourage
you to take a look at the admin "howto" which can be found at the VERY BOTTOM
of the "Volunteers and Workers Needed" section on the website.  Or, here, I'll
make it easy for you and just give you the URL:

The howto explains things in detail, don't be intimidated by it.  IT REALLY IS
EASY!!  Honest!! Then, follow the instructions to sign up for the ip-admin
team.  Your name will be placed at the bottom of the list and if you sign up
now (this is beginning to sound like an offer on TV!), you will have at least
2 1/2 weeks to come up to speed before it is your turn.  I wish I could offer
you a free vial of test strips or something like that but the pay for being an
admin could double in size and still be nothing!  But, it really is a good
feeling to know that you have helped.

Very sincerely and hopefully yours,

Mary Jean, and the other members of the admin team:
and Kasey

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted