Re: [IP] Removal + Sleeping

Miranda Schatten wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post to the list.  I have apparently had some bad
> pump training, asmy nurse didn't talk about removing the pump and so
> my first couple rounds of removing the pump (Minimed
> 507) have been excruciatingly painful.  It takes about 10 minutes to get
> the tape off using soap, though have just heard there are some products
> that aid in removing the (very sticky) tape??

I've never heard of using soap to remove the tape. As with bandages the
direct approach works best: grab a corner and pull it off. The cleaners
people talk about are for taking off the sticky goo left by the tape after
you pull it off, not while the largely waterproof tape covers it.

 > I would also really appreciate people's tips on where they keep the pump
> during sleep.  I hear there are some nightclothes you can buy, but dont
> know how much they help the problem -- I tend to roll onto the pump or
> just stay "mostly" awake out of consciousness that, well, there's the
> pump, right there, cant move around too much.

I just stick mine under the pillow and ignore it. Sometimes it get out
from under there, but doesn't really cause a problem except when I roll
on top of it and a corner digs into me somewhere. Very rare problem,
and I don't even necessarily wake up fully, just move again or shove
it away as part of a bad dream? Anyway, you get used to it just like
anything else in a diabetic life.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted