Cynicism detected? Re: [IP] Continuing Humalog / Velosulin saga

In a message dated 6/23/98 11:40:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Quicker "ramp up" times, fewer wrestling matches
 with basals, carb ratios, next patient please ;-) (No slap in the face for
 any of the dedicated health care professionals, but there is a tremendous
 amount of pressure in the "industry" for quick turn around times). >>

Bob.....you may be right about that in some cases, however, ( in my
experience)  there is more pressure from patients.
 <<Careful reading between the lines here also hints at why Regular or
 Velosulin are more time consuming start up choices for pumping. More intra-
 and inter-patient variability of these insulins require more time spent
 adjusting rates, revising, checking with the patient / health care team, etc.
  >>   Possibly , in some cases, but I don't find that to be the case.  As
Humalog has its limitations, and its own special precautions, there  needs to
be as much, or more attention to getting those basal and bolus rates as close
to "right".   If you are implying the ability to charge for more office
visits...I don't know what all other practices do, but I do know that there
are regulations on what can be charged in certain practices and certain areas
of the country.  Our particular charges are regulated by governmental agencies
that limit what can be charged per visit or service.  We have to strugggle to
get approval to raise a penny of charges, even if our costs go up a nickle.
I realize some practices may charge anything they like, but that is not always
the case.  <:)

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted