Re: [IP] Message from Rod Mead

In a message dated 6/23/98 1:10:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  So this week
 I'm going to place last order for pump things and start work on get
 disability, do I just call SS and tell them or what do I need to do
 first. Thanks for the help, I has been hard the last two months and you
 my Pumper Friends have been a great  help. >>
A couple of ideas...can you work out something with your pump supplier?  Would
you also qualify for Medicaid assistance in your state?  Medical assistance in
some states will cover basic pump supplies, ie, lowest rate supplies.  Find
out as much as you can about what is available to you.  Have your MDs write
letters of medical necessity re: why your quality of life would be less
without the pump. Get friendly with a state senator or delegate to fight for
state assistance and talk to your congressmen re: Medicare issues.  Laws can
be amended...just takes a lot of time and effort.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted