Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type 1 diabetics

Hi John
Is insulin resistence same as insulin absorption delay?

I have been diagnosed as this type of Type 1 diabetic, but I only know people
in my area (Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, Canada) as this test was designed by
our endo at McMaster Hospital , a teaching hospital in Hamilton.

I have been a diabetic for more than 26 years and pumping for 6 1/2.

What seems to happen with this condition is that what the brochure in the
Insulin container claims , is not what happens to me.  My delay on Humulog is
5 1/2 hrs, and on Velosulin, more than 8.  What chance of treating your carbs,
prot, fats, etc, with a certain amount of insulin if it doesn't kick in till
later.  I think what has happened is that over the time and the continual
basal, eat, bolus, eventually something works and I let myself think that I
have some control.

Because of the delay I have stayed on Velosulin???????

Really enjoy the postings and the wealth of information that keeps coming on
this site.  Thanks
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted