Re: [IP] debris

Don Francisco wrote:
> I have a question that must confront us all occassionally:  what to do
> with the debris left after changing infusion sets?  The tube (full of
> insulin, I guess) and the soft cannula and all the wrapping and plastic
> containers.  I suppose all the packing stuff could be just trash, but what
> about the rest of it?  Any ideas?

Myself I just throw almost all of it in the regular trash. The only thing
that goes in my sharps container is the 1 sharp thing in it, the connector
on the end of my Comfort (aka Tenders or Silhouette) hose. The Teflon catheter
certainly won't hurt anybody, and whatever insulin is left in the hose will
just kill some germs in the area if it drains out.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted