Re: [IP] hot days and insulin

Phoebe wrote:
> I'm living in Wisconsin now, and we're having typical June days of 80+
> degrees.
> how do you keep insulin cool enough when you're outside during these hot days?
> I know it's not suppose to go above 85 degrees, and it's easily above that
> almost on a day to day basis. any suggestions?

I don't need to do anything about it. Thing is that going above 86 F will
R insulin 0.5% in 28 days, according to Lily's instruction sheets. It goes
as the cumulative average temp goes higher.

Humalog may be a different matter, at least in my experience. I found it goes
in 2.5 days in warm weather, so I always changed it after 2 days. Now I'm
experimenting with a 5:1 ratio of Humalog to R, which stayed stable for at least
4 days last week in warm conditions.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted