Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance in Type 1 diabetics

> This may sound sound like a stupid question...
> but I was diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic and consider myself very insulin
> resistant
> I take about 1:5 ratio insulin/carb... and that's on a good day..
> Someone told me, wow, that's as much insulin as a type 2 diabetic takes. and then
> I wondered
> hmmm.. I wonder if the drugs they have for type 2 would help for type 1 insulin
> resistance..
> I know it's a different mechanism.. but just curious.. anybody know anything
> about that?
> I'm pretty sure I'm type 1 as I had a honeymoon period which I have never heard
> of occurring in type 2's..

Absolutly no reason why you shouldn't be both Type 1 and Type 2, since
they are different diseases.

Not only does your body not make the stuff, but it can't use it properly
when it's got it...

What's the problem with being insulin resistant? (Apart from doubling
the cost of your insulin supplies) Does it make your Type 1 control
unstable? Or has it made you overweight? Just curious...

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted