Re: [IP] Protein and Fat????

>PMID: 8379513, UI: 93392899
>So there we are.
>Given that on a pump we're in the business of actively controlling the
>bg, I find this sort of info invaluable. If I have a high protein meal,
>I now know to be on the look out for a rise in my bg 4 or 5 hours later.
>I tend to respond to it when it happens though, rather than predicting

Interesting, John.  And thanks for the URl too.

So I gather that fat is not broken down into energy at all and the only
reason fat is included in meals is to slow the metabolizing of the CHO's so
as to more closely match the pre-meal injection tail.

All these years (up to and includiong this afternoon); I've been deliberity
eating fat, like cheese, to provide energy which I anticipate needing about
2-6 hours down the road.  And all it';s been doing is giving me a gut!

I've been eating a high fat snack each eveing for years in order to try and
cope with the peaking of my basal in late evening.  no wonder I'm still
hypo at those times and gaining weight to boot!  Geeze!  I was hoping hte
pupm would help me eliminate more fat from my diet but I guess I may as
well do that now.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go