Re: [IP] THE UNKNOWN HYPO (was: Time for an overhaul?)

Hi Mary Jean,

I don't know if the Humalog went to work before the carbs or not.  This
weird "UNKNOWN HYPO" happens to me several times each month.  I have
tried to look for a pattern but there doesn't seem to be any.  I can't
figure it out.

<< I agree with you, Sue, it is comforting to know that I'm not the only
who has these mysteries.  In the meal you described, though, do you
think that
the protein slowed things down enough that the Humalog went to work
your carbs?  That is why I went to mixing V and H.  The V impedes the H
enough so that it doesn't hit too soon, but I still get the quick action
the H.  I'm terrible about remembering to bolus far enough in advance of
meal with only straight V or R.  But the fact that you only gave 1/2 of
normal dose here, and you still went low, sounds like this is more a
case of
(eerie organ music playing now) THE UNKNOWN HYPO (echoing sounds).

Mary Jean >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted