[IP] basal testing <attn Michael> (warning! contains bg data--possibly boring)

In a message dated 6/20/98 11:08:51 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  The process can take a
 couple of weeks easily but there is no rush. Adjust your basals as
 you go.

Michael, thanks for your help here.... I have a question. (or two).  I have
already checked my nightime basals and they are OK through the night and up
until around noon. Today at noon (fasting all morning), my bg was 110, then at
1:00 it was down to 86 and down to 63 at 2:00 at which time I ate lunch.  I
think I need to decrease my basal rate around 11:00 or so, but if I am to
"adjust as I go" like you suggested, how do I know how long the duration of
the change should be?  Seems like I really can't make any adjustments until
I've tested the remaining time from 2:00 till bedtime.  Am I missing something

<back to what Michael wrote...>

 Always start by skipping dinner (eat a light meal at 2:00-3:00pm or
 so) and make sure your sleep period is stable.

Why do you recommend always starting with skipping dinner?  Pumping Insulin
implies that you should start with the nighttime basals, then the early day
ones and then the late day ones.  Just curious, not trying to criticize....I
don't see that it really matters one way or the other.
Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted