Re: [IP] 19 years today

>  I've never
> really fasted much and am intimidated by the concept.  So, like you,
> Janine, I credit this list with my becoming a successful pumper.
> I'm so happy that you have broken the pattern of denial and
> avoidance.  Keep up the good work!

Don't try to do the testing all at once. Skip one meal and begin 5
hours after the last insulin bolus or food. Test until the next meal
time every hour except at night, do that every two hours and repeat a
couple of days later on the alternate hour.  Only fast/test every 2nd
or 3rd day and then only if your bg's have been reasonable (no
crashes, no super highs the previous day). The process can take a
couple of weeks easily but there is no rush. Adjust your basals as
you go. The graphic tool on the HOWTO page can help you do this.
Always start by skipping dinner (eat a light meal at 2:00-3:00pm or
so) and make sure your sleep period is stable. Pumping Insulin says
25 points up or down, but this is too tight for many people. If your
bg's stay within 50 pts, it's probably adequate as long as your not
low or spilling glucose into your urine.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted