Re: [IP] Protein and Fat????

>On Sat, 20 Jun 1998 email @ redacted wrote:
>> In a message dated 6/19/98 11:13:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> email @ redacted writes:
>> << The dietitians in my
>>  area haev never even heard of carb counting and my endo won't discuss it
>>  wiht me as the goverenment does not endorse it and prefers we use the meal
>>  plan system.
>>   >>
>> Darrin....purchase the book Pumping Insulin.  Also, MiniMed and Disetronics
>> also have booklets about carbohydrate counting.  The American Diabetes
>> Association also has pamplets and articles.  There is a lot of information
>> available.  Good luck.  Don't forget to check the members area of this site
>> for articles.

Thanks Micheal.

I had gathered info about carb counting from the net over the past year.
Up to a year ago i had never even heard of it despite 24 years of seeing
doctors and dietitians.  Thanks for the pointers; I'll continue the

It's all starting to fit together now.  I think the real reason the system
here won't endorse pumps is because that would mean teh Department of
Health changing it's policy as to meal plans and hence having to re-educate
all teh dietitians (expensive)!

The Canadian Diabetic Assoc. local president told me some years ago that
there were "alternatives" but that teh CDA couldn't help with those becasue
in order to get goverenment funding they (like most govt funded
organizations) have to agree to never speak against any govt policies;
including anything diabetes related in the healthcare system.  ie:
Non-government introduced change up here is forbidden.  I wish George
Orwell wqas still alive! ;-/

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go