Re: [IP] A comment & a question...

Hi Tonya-

Same thing happened to me this week.  I met with my CDE and Dietitian.
They haven't seen me in person since the first week I was on the pump.
(However, I have been faxing my bg readings on a weekly basis to my
CDE).  They asked me a couple of questions, and I was prattling on and
on and on about basal rate adjustments, carb counting, site absorption,
pros and cons of different sets, etc...  Then I pull out my John Walsh
book and Corrine Netzer, Complete book of Counts book, and I'm still
going on and on and on.  They both started laughing and asked me why I
needed to see them since I had everything so "in control."  They both
gave me hugs and told me how WELL I was doing.  Gosh...I'm not used to
that.  Usually, they read me the riot act.  "You do not have right to
eat what you want.  You will take x number of shots x times a day.  You
can consult an attorney if you wish, but he'll make you take the shots
and eat 18 times a day anyway and then yell at you.  If give up the
right to take your shots, we'll tie you down and give you your shots and
make you eat yucky food.  Do you understand these rights as we have
dictated them to you?"  (hee hee).

Anyway it was a nice visit for a change.  Hope I can keep up the good
work on my side.

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper