Re: [IP] Basal rate change

In a message dated 6/19/98 5:06:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< uestion is whether this experience is common? My theory is that for
 some unknown reason, I was hyper-sensitive to H the first week. Now that my
 body is used to it, I'm going back up to my "normal" levels. Is this
 possible? Or, will I go through cyclical changes up & down the way I did
 when I was on MDI?
 I don't recall reading about this anywhere... any feedback would be greatly

Sounds like your body has used up any depots of NPH that were sitting around
in the fat tissue.  You should now be on Humalog only in those sub-cu areas.
This has happened to many of my patients.

Barbara  B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted