Re: [IP] insulin pump and stress

Hello Kim:

It sounds like you've had some times like I've had in the past.  Been there, done that....isn't that what most of them say?  I know you don't feel like hearing that right now but I just wanted you to know that I know what you're talking about.  I've had plenty of relationship problems, I've been a type 1 diabetic for 21 years.  I'm on the pump finally, after many years of needing one and not having one.  It's really a lot more stressful when you need a pump and can't afford one. I've been without insurance since I came off of my dads policy when I turned 21.  I can't get any type of insurance due to my diabetes.  I have to go through life just hoping nothing major happens while I'm without insurance.  I was recently approved for my Social Security Disability but my Medicare won't go into affect until next year, so maybe there are brighter days ahead.  I finished college in 1994, began work at Northwest Airlines, in a career that I had always pursued, and then just as I was beg!
inning to climb the ladder, "wham", my diabetes started taking its toll on me.  I started having major vision problems due to severe diabetic retinopathy, laser surgeries, and several other complications.  My doctors took me out of work after working so hard toward my career.  Now I'm devastated......don't know how to make things better.  Oh well, I just have to look at it like, maybe there's another reason for me.  I would like to talk to you again.  Write me back and let me know how things are going for you.  Hope I haven't bored you with my hard luck story but It makes me feel better when I can tell people and get it off of my mind.  Thanks for reading it.  Now, see, I really do know how you feel so hold your chin up just as I'm doing and we will soon see "daylight".

Your Friend,

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted