Re: [IP] insulin pump and stress

Hi Kim,

Your Diabetes and depression could be closely related.  You have been
through a lot in a short period of time.  One of my best friends
committed suicide about 7 years ago and it threw me for a tailspin,
too.  I have also "been there, done that" in regards to some of your
other problems.  I can really relate to a lot of what you are going
through.  Please don't believe that "no one can help you."  I thought
the same thing until I decided to give it a try.  There are some
wonderful counselors/therapists/doctors out there and some truly
astounding meds that can help get you through all of this.

I have had vision problems similar to yours when my BG's have been
bouncing around (out of normal range).  If you still have vision
problems after you get your BG under control again, see an eye doctor --
this could be serious.

Again, Kim, please seek help.  I don't know if you believe in God, but
if you do -- He is a good place to start looking.  He will always be
there for you.  I know that this is hard to believe when everything is
in an uproar like it is right now for you.

If you would like to talk more you can e-mail me privately
<mailto:email @ redacted>.  I can also e-mail you my phone number if
you want to call and talk.  I live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Also, please don't give up.

My prayers will be with you.  Let me/us know how you are doing.

<< Okay, this is a kinda weird one... but I've been having what I
are stress related problems recently, and I'm not sure how to stop
This is not your ordinary take a tai-chi class and a valium type stress,
recently two aquaintances committed suicide, I got into a financial spot
due to my diabetes, and as an adult, I had to move back home with mommy
and daddy temporarily.  A close friend just had a miscarriage.  I've
decided I hate the computer industry and I'm trying to get back into
college now.  I lost my job last week (third time in a  year, maybe this
is part of the reason why I'm getting out of the network engineer
business)  Several close friends have also lost their jobs in the same
industry recently. My grandmother just passed away. I see my boyfriend
on the news this morning in a story about some crazed gunman in the
kitchen where he works as a chef.  Then I go off to a stressful meeting
with the placement firm that I work with to "discuss" the situation that
led to ATT deciding that they didn't need my help any more (they hired
some new help and there wasn't anything for me to do really to begin
with.)  Next I find out that yes, they can help me to find a job that
will fit in with my expected school schedule, but it is just under 40
hours, so... no benefits !!NO INSURANCE!!!!!   Then I drop by the
boyfriends house to make sure he's OK after this mornings incident, and
he explains that he cares about me alot, but just doesn't feel that he
has enough time for a relationship right now since he hasn't been able
to see me in over a week due to work.  (Given what has occured this
week, he was probably better off not seeing me.)  Anyway... I guess
thats his "nice" way of breaking up.  Anyway... this is just to let you
know that no... a counselor and a stress relief class aren't gonna cut

Anyway... my diabetic problems.  Since I started stressing out I've
noticed a number of things.  I'm getting a "no delivery" alarm a lot
more frequently since I've been under stress.  Minimed insists that it
is definitely a site problem... why??? and what can I do to stop it.

My blood sugar has been beyond irratic and unpredictable... is there
anything I can try to get it back under control despite the obvious
stress related biochemical fluctuations??

When my BG is out of control, I tend to become moody and get quite
depressed.  Following leaving my newly ex-boyfriend's, I became quite
depressed and upset.  I can't seem to find a reason to go on.  I'm
always tired and I have no energy.  Is there anything that might boost
my chemically altered mood quick enough and just long enough that I can
get my BG under control and get out of this tailspin???

Last... but weirdest...  I have noticed that since the soap opera of
stress started,  my vision has changed in an unusual way.  Sometimes,
the thing that I am looking at will seem to bounce up and down very
quickly as if I were really dizzy, or about to pass out.  Is this
diabetes related, or is this just a symptom of severe stress??

I'd appreciate any advice on the diabetes related problems I've been
having since obviously there's nothing anyone else could possibly do to
solve the rest of my problems.

Kim >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!