Re: [IP] Cornell News: Dry insulin inhalant

Right, MJ, the big big pump advantage is the basal rate, (although
potentially one could inhale a wee bit of insulin every hour).  Like most
big medical news stories, this one still requires a closer look to get by
the hype.  Two problems not mentioned are: 1. what happens when you have a
respiratory infection and are coughing like crazy, and even more
importantly 2.  Nobody has yet mentioned BG measurements.  All that hype
about kids no longer being afraid of injections, but of the diabetics I
know, most hate the finger sticks even more than the injections!  So until
that mystical non-invasive glucose machine appears, it will be hard to
regulate all that inhaled insulin.

<<<<<<<<From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Cornell News: Dry insulin inhalant

In a message dated 6/18/98 9:37:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,