Re: [IP] About low batteries

On 16 Jun 98 at 12:05, Michael wrote:

> > A message about the battery being low will appear on the display. It has been my
> > experience (limited - pumping only since dec 97) that the batteries from MiniMed
> > give a longer warning time (4-5 days) than batteries bought from my local Radio
> > Shack (less than a day). Has anyone else noticed this?
> >
> You bet.
> Purchased 15 Eveready 357's - supposedly the exact battery you get
> from MM - but packaged in the individual 'hanging' retail pack from a
> mail order diabetes supply house. These batteries are available at
> hardware stores, drug stores, etc... Anyway, Lily put 3 in her pump
> and got a low battery alarm 2 WEEKS later!!!! Upon inspection, some
> of the batteries in the still sealed packages showed signs of
> corrosion, some of the packages looked similar although the batteries
> inside looked OK. I suspect this is a storage/transport problem not
> unlike insulin in the back of the hot truck syndrome.  I have sent a
> letter and the batteries off to Eveready along with one of those "Gee
> guys, these batteries are specified for use in LIFE SUPPORT
> equipment, sure be nice if they worked' kind of letters. That was
> last week, I'll keep you posted on what kind of response I get.

I was told that the MiniMed batteries are tested a little tighter
than the "general market" batteries and they are fresher than the
batteries that have been sitting on the shelf or hanging on the peg
at Radio Shack or Wal-Mart for some unknown length of time.

I'd be interested in what kind of response Eveready gives you...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted