Re: [IP] Cornell News: Dry insulin inhalant

In a message dated 6/18/98 9:37:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< ITHACA, N.Y. -- If current clinical trials are successful, within a
      few years the daily insulin injection for diabetes could be a thing of
      the past. >>

I agree, this is exciting, but as I understand it, there is still a required
injection of Ultralente to cover basal needs.  I'm not ready to give up my
pump just yet...if they can somehow manage to include basal insulin in the
inhalant, I would be MUCH more interested!!  BTW, the article in my local
paper yesterday included an 800 phone number to call if you are interested in
participating in further studies of the inhalant.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted