Re: `[IP] About low blood sugars

In a message dated 6/17/98 10:51:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I think this use of milk to treat BG lows may be ok for
 nonpumpers, but there is little logic in using it to treat lows of someone
 on a pump.   When you are low, the only objective is to raise the BG to
 normal levels as quickly as possible.   The best thing for this purpose is
 to give glucose.   Milk is not recommended because is takes longer to work
 and has a longer effect. >>
  You may have misunderstood me.  I recommend glucose for all my pumpers, but
skim milk is an option that is usable and does work for many people when
nothing else is available.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted