Re: [IP] Time for an overhaul?

In a message dated 6/16/98 9:44:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< This is what tends to happen to Kerry with her gastroparesis.  I
 am wondering if you tend to go high afterwords?  Kerry also tends to run
 high after 3+ hours after eating.  She then boluses and usually promptly
 crashes again.  I do not want to scare you, but this is what I do have to
 deal with on occasions (recently fewer and further between).

Gosh, I hope this isn't what is happening but I suppose I would rather know
about it than go around with my head in the proverbial sand!  I did go high
after my low last night but I think I overtreated the low a bit.  My usual
dose of "one roll of smarties = 30 point rise in bg" isn't as effective on
these lows and I've been following up with other food.  I guess that is
something else I will have to "reset".  Now that I write that, it does sound
like a delay in digestion....

I'll keep my eye on it.  I'm profiling basals now and will try to keep a very
detailed log to get this sorted out.

Thanks for your concern.  I'm glad to hear that Kerry's lows are less frequent
now.  Tell her to keep up the good work; you are wonderful to take such good
care of her!

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted