[IP] Time for an overhaul?

Hi everyone, I have a question for some of you with experience.

I apologize in advance for any typos in this letter.  I'm operating on a bg of
69 right now, waiting for my Smarties and milk to fully kick in.  I was 130
before dinner, ate, bolused the usual amount for my carbs, and 2 hours later,
was at 55.  No fun.  This has been happening to me alot lately (same thing
happened yesterday, as a matter of fact) and I'm wondering if I need to go in
for my 18 month tune-up.

Like I mentioned, I've been pumping for almost a year and a half, and have
been successfully mixing Humalog and Velosulin in a 3 to 1 ratio for about 3
months.  I've been more active than normal lately, with all the spring
gardening, not only for myself, but for my parents' garden.  Plus lots of work
on our cabin.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I'm suspecting that my ratios are now "off" and I
know that I'll need to do some fasting and check my basals.  BUT  I always
seem to go low after meals, fairly consistently. It doesn't seem to matter if
the meal has a high fat content or not. I do know how to count my carbs, very
well, so that isn't the problem. I'm wondering if any of you have ever
experienced a sudden change in your carb to insulin ratio.  At first, I
thought it would be my basals which are off, but I don't think they are, since
this is tied to mealtime.  When I'm working on the cabin, I have had really
good luck by cutting my bolus back by 25%.  But today, I wasn't doing anything
particularly active. In fact, I have been fairly sedentary since last Friday.

I'd really like to know if anyone else has ever experienced something similar.

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted