Re: [IP] About low blood sugars

> In a message dated 6/16/98 8:25:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << Whilst there is some truth in what your doc says, I would question the
>  wisdom of using milk as the primary response to a hypo. >>
> This is still a good option if glucose tabs are not available for treating a
> mild low BG (50-70).  Skim milk is the recommended choice.
A better choice might be some old fashion soda crackers. Chewed well,
your saliva converts the starch directly to glucose NOW so there is
no waiting for the digestive system to convert lactose to glucose.

Ritz crackers or white bread also works very rapidly in a pinch, but
both contain a little more fat which slows thing down a little.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted