Re: [IP] Re: LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER
>
> Hi guys:
>
> Haven't "talked" to you lately, but have one of those mysteries of "where did
> all that insulin go"?  Yesterday, refilled reservoir and went on my merry way.
> But, all day my blood sugars seemed rather high, so kept bolusing and eating
> no carbs to speak of.

<Clip>

 Just checked pump
> again, and the end of reservoir was in front of, rather than between those two
> little arms.  According to the pump, I used 77 units of insulin yesterday.  So
> what the heck happened to all that insulin?

I'm wondering about this statement. Which end of the reservoir are you talking
about,
the end the hose hooks to or the other end, where the 2 plastic drive arms push
the
plunger? If it's the plunger end (as it sounds to me) the insulin didn't go
ANYWHERE, including into you. Those arms are there to push the plunger down,
just
as you would do with your finger on an external syringe. If the arms don't bear
on the plunger they are just being moved to push a bit of air aside without
affecting the insulin at all.

Sorry if I'm wrong about your statement, I only mean to help. It just struck me
that there might be a basic misunderstanding here, OK?

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, MM506 pump for 4.5 years