Re: [IP] suspend for showers?

Sam wrote:

>I asked about doing what you do (adding a "replacement bolus"), and my CDE
>said that at the low doses that my basal provides that it doesn't make that
>much difference. But that's for a quick run through my biennial shower....
>taking a long soak as often as weekly might take you off the pump long
>enough to make that extra boost worth while.
>(at least the dogs still recognize me)

Don't dismiss the amount of "missed" insulin as being not important - it
just might turn out to be a factor. Some users are sensitive to small
changes in basal rates, but this may vary dramatically from user to user. I
had rates as low as .2 during the morning hours, and if I missed one of the
"strokes" of the pump while I was showering, my BGs afterwards would always
reflect this. I charted this, and when I replaced the missed basal with a
supplemental bolus, the change was obvious. As always, YMMV ;-)

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted